- A usually hollow concrete masonry unit or other building unit, such as glass block.
- A solid, often squared, piece of timber or other material.
- A piece of timber nailed between joists to stiffen a floor.
- Any small piece of timber secured to the interior angle joint to strengthen and stiffen it.
- A pulley and its enclosure.
- A solid piece of timber or other material used to fill spaces between formwork members.
- One of several small rectangular divisions within a city, bounded on each side by successive streets.
« Back to Glossary Index